As we move closer to the dreaded date of Dec 21, 2012 I have noticed something. People are losing their minds! May I just say the world is not ending….seriously…..it isn’t. Now that we have gotten that out of the way let’s move onto something really important, shall we.
Again, the world is NOT ending. However, we are experiencing a shift like I have never seen in my lifetime! The good news is that you can use this shift to live fearlessly and change your life for the better. The bad news is that you can choose to use this shift to live in fear and get stuck where you are.
Last month I wrote an article called “Can you feel the Good Vibration”. I have used the concepts in this article to take my own life to the next level! I can tell you it works! I can’t make you read it but if you are really looking to “get to a better place” in your life you should! Concepts are always easy to understand, implementing them is not always as easy. I have had so much feed back from that article and it amazes me how some people “get it” and yet others constantly say “but”, “you don’t understand”, etc. I will spare you all the traumas of my life (most of them I have written about so feel free to go through my past blogs). Let’s just say I have had a lot of challenges. So I speak from experience when I tell you that everyday you have a choice. You can either allow yourself to become defined by your circumstances or you can use them as a catalyst to move forward! You can choose to live your life from a place of constant fear or you can choose to live fearlessly!
We live in a society where we are constantly bombarded with fear! What if this and what if that? It is really sad when you think about it. What if we were bombarded with positivity day in and day out? How would our lives change? Two people can have the same great business idea. One will run with the idea and become a great success. They will live fearlessly and make their dreams a reality. The second person will think about their idea and all of the reasons why it may not happen or even if it does how it may fail. That person will never get their idea off the ground. They will live in fear and their dream will soon become a faded memory.
So how do you live fearlessly?
- First – you need to live as though failure is NOT an option. Think about all the things you would do if someone gave you a written guarantee that you WOULD success. How much easier would it be for you to move forward if you “thought” you couldn’t fail?
- Second – you need to live in the moment. Stop worrying about next week, next month, next year! The ONLY moment you have control over is the one you are in. Forget about the past. Stop worrying about the future. Act in the here and now.
- Third – you need to not feed into the fear of others. I can tell you after my divorce when I announced that I was going to run a Holistic Healing Center and make my living as a psychic…the reaction I got from people was not always overly supportive. In fact most people tried to talk me out of it. Let’s be honest…they though I was nuts! But 12 years later I am still going strong! I am LOVING what I do! I am beyond grateful that I did not let FEAR effect my decision!
- Fourth – you need to understand that every plan and every dream will at some point experience road blocks. Fear will make you want to give up. Living fearlessly will allow you to simply make some adjustments and continue on your journey to success!
- Fifth – you need to surround yourself with POSITIVE people who can encourage you and who can see/share your vision! Negative people live in fear and they will have no positive effect on your life.
People ask me all the time, “how were you able to do this or that”. I will let you all know my secret….ready…. Whenever I am thinking of doing something new or trying something new I ask myself this question, “If I don’t try this will I look back and regret it”? NOTICE I did NOT ask “what if I fail”, “what if it doesn’t work”, etc. I have NO fear of failure. I have a fear of regretting not being brave enough to try! And THAT is my secret!
Life is way too short. The perfect time, the only time …..is the present! So get going! Start living your life fearlessly and watch all the wonderful things that unfold!
One more secret before I go. Whenever I am thinking about doing something new that may be bringing up fear I visualize myself as standing on the edge of a cliff, I close my eyes and see myself gently falling off the cliff (taking that leap of faith) and releasing any and all fear I have. Try it! It really works!